The nomination cycle for the class of 2018 is now open. All application materials are due November 1, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in attending one of our Nation's service academies. Every year, I have the honor of nominating highly qualified young people for appointment to each of these outstanding institutions.
I will be happy to consider you for selection as one of my nominees. To be eligible for appointment, you must be an American citizen, at least 17 years old and not yet 23 years old on July 1 of the year you enter an academy. Also, you must not be married or pregnant, and you must have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents.
To apply for a nomination through my office, you must be a legal resident of the Second Congressional District of Virginia and you must complete the following steps.
1) A completed application for nomination. To download the nomination packet click here.
2) Three letters of recommendation, one from a high school administrator or teacher
3) All school transcripts (including college transcripts if applicable)
4) All college board scores (send directly to my office, SAT code 5944, ACT code 7725)
5) An essay (no longer than one typed page) on why you desire to attend a U.S. Service Academy.
6) A resume of social or athletic activities and notable accomplishments.
Only complete applications can be considered. If you have any questions, please contact Bre Kingsbury at (757) 687-8290.
Please mail to:
Congressman Scott Rigell
Attn: Service Academy Nomination Packet
4772 Euclid Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
It is essential that you take the above steps to be considered for nomination to a Service Academy.
You should also contact the admissions office at the academy you are interested in and complete a pre-candidate questionnaire. Their respective websites are:
United States Military Academy
United States Naval Academy
United States Air Force Academy
United States Merchant Marine Academy
United States Coast Guard Academy